So here's a little list of 5 ways to grab reading stuffs without breaking the bank:
- Second-hand books; usually cheaper than their new counterparts, these can be found in such interesting places as car boot sales, online stores (e.g. Amazon, eBay, Oxfam,) charity shops, and second hand book shops.
- Swapping; find a family member or friend willing to give you their old books and magazines (though you may have to give them yours in return.)
- Bargain hunting; sometimes books can be found cheaper in supermarkets, or on sale, or shops such as The Works - so be prepared to hunt out a good deal.
- Play the waiting game: That must-have new book? If you can bare to wait a few weeks it'll be significantly down in price. Avoid going on pre-order lists (usually) - it's actually usually cheaper to pick up a copy of the book on the day of release.
- Take advantage of special offers: A 2 for 1 deal where you can get the book you want and also buy your friend that book she's been harking on about all ready for Christmas/her birthday? Sold!