Ely, myself, Angel @ Angel Reads, Dina @ Dinasoaur, Jolien @ The Fictional Reader, and Lara @ Another Teen Reader are running it.)
And I think there's a heffalump* in the room that needs addressing: too often, disabled people are made to feel stigma and shame. And f**k that!
*I say heffalump instead of elephant. You can blame the combined forces of my mother and Winnie-the-Pooh.
It's difficult as all hell to even explain to people that you have an illness, disability, or other health condition. AND IT SHOULDN'T BE.
So, with no shame on my part, here are my (current) disabilities and health conditions:
- depression and anxiety
- skin allergies/contact dermatitis
- suspected dyscalculia
- episodic migraines with constant associated photosensitivity
- slight physical birth defect
I hope you can join us on Twitter and on our blogs throughout this week - it's gonna be awesome!
Like this post? Try these:
- #DisabilityDiaries2017 | Harry Potter and the Representation of Scarring
- Nerd Church - Well, That Was Unpleasant
- Friday Fics Fix - Let's Do This