- turn off all your electricity for 1 hour
- turn off your electric lights for 1 hour
- donate Facebook posts
- write to a local politician (or national politician) about your concerns on climate change
- campaign for renewable energy
- turn down your thermostat (heating) or your air-conditioning - even knocking it down a tiny bit makes a difference
- sort through your recycling ready for your local kerbside recycling collection
- if you don't have a kerbside recycling collection, write to whoever's in charge to find out why the hell not!
- research the recycling facilities in your area
Look, these are just ideas.
There are loads of things you can do to make a difference. Do whatever you want, and make the statement that we care about this planet, and we will fight climate change.
Because all those tiny efforts? They add up.
Let your politicians know, through your own actions, that you expect action on climate change.
It can be done, here in Wales we have:
The Environment (Wales) Act 2016
Long-term plans for a low carbon economy
62% of all waste recycled - 3rd highest in the world, behind Germany and Taiwan
There are only just over 3 million people in Wales, there are between 8 and 11 million sheep (depending on your source.)
If a constituent part of the UK which literally has millions more sheep than people (if you make an anti-Welsh sheep sh*gging joke, I will find you, and kill you,) can do all this - why can't other countries? Why can't the US?
It's Earth Hour - demand better. Click to Tweet
If you don't have time to do anything for the actual designated hour, then feel free to do these actions at another time - the more the merrier!
Like this post? Try these:
- How You Can Be An Eco Book-Nerd (With 5 Handy Tips)
- Nerd Church - Taking Responsibility
- Nerd Church - The Age of Media