- "But... WHY?!"
- *Stares at me for at least a minute without blinking*
- "I could NEVER do that!"
- "Oh come on, have some fun!"
- "Are you SURE?"
- "Are you like *takes step backwards* religious or something?"
I don't drink because I'm not supposed to on my anti-depressants.
- Not wanting to mix their meds with alcohol (Hi!)
- They don't drink for religious reasons - and no, this isn't weird.
- They're a teetotal alcoholic.
- They're driving home AND DRINK-DRIVING IS BAD!!!
- They already feel a bit sick - do you really want to add alcohol to that mix?!
- Everyone else is drunk - someone has to take care of your friends *sigh*
- They don't feel safe in this bar/next to this creepy dude/with you (don't take it personally, they don't know you that well.)
- They just don't feel like it - AND THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE.
So, what do you do with one of these weird non-drinking people like me?
- You say, 'OK, do you want a Diet Coke/water/lemonade/whatever instead?'
- You don't ask them if they want alcohol again unless they indicate they do - asking someone who's already declined just makes it feel like you're pressuring them.
- You don't ask why. If they wanna tell you, they will. That's THEIR business, not yours.
You can follow me on Twitter @CeeArrBookNerd, on Dora Reads @ BlogLovin, and on Google+. For more ways to support me, check out the Support Me page