This is a tag-type-thingummy that bloggers do to share the bloggerly love :) It's basically all question-y and fun and all that jazz :)
RULES OF THE AWARD
- Thank the nominator and link back to their blog
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers that you think deserve the award
- Write 11 questions for your nominees
- Let them know you’ve nominated them
1. What is the last book you purchased?
I don't know... I get people to buy them for me when possible! I don't have a heck of a lot of cash in all honesty.
Ooh! I know: I bought 4 classics on a cheap multi-buy deal the other day.
So that was two Virginia Woolf books, The Count of Monte Cristo, and a double-volume of Peter Pan & Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens.
2. What was the last movie you saw?
(I'm the queen of multitasking dammit!)
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
I can't remember exactly what made me finally go, 'I'll start a blog!' but I do know that I was looking for a way to promote reading - to everyone, everywhere.
Books were the thing that was getting me through some tough sh**. And I wanted to share that. I wanted some little space to write whatever the hell I felt like, and be me again.
4. Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks?
They both rock; who can pick?
5. What was the last TV show you binge watched?
Ooh, and I tend to watch Judge Judy in batches of like 4-6 episodes at a time. Yes, I know reality TV is trash. But somehow it's good for me *shrugs* - sometimes you just need trash. And I love Judy.
7. If you could bring any book to the big screen what would it be and who would be in it?
I don't know, honestly. Pass!
8. What’s the best part of blogging?
Ehrmagad you're killing me with these questions! There are so many awesome-sauce things about blogging...
I've met some amazing-as-all-hell people through blogging (yes, you lot! You rock!) and also got the chance to read so many books that I might not've considered before.
I've spoken to actual authors who I really love and adore, and I honestly can't believe that they'd even bother giving me the time of day.
And, of course, I have a place to talk about books whenever I want :)
9. Do you like to reread books? Why or why not?
I do! Some books I just don't have the chance to reread, and some books I wouldn't want to, but I like returning to an old favourite, or just a book I can't remember much about.
I love finding those bits and pieces of books that you forgot about - or the bits that didn't speak to you then, but speak to you now - or the stuff that you just point-blank didn't notice at all...
Books keep giving, and that's part of the magic.
10. What advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Hmmm... this is going to be controversial. But I'd tell my 15-year-old self to:
"Get a part-time job immediately, and maybe even leave school at 16 to go full-time.
Don't bother applying to uni - sure, you get in. But your cr*ppy health will stop you from going and it'll make you feel completely useless.
Oh, and you won't be able to remember much from September to May/June of that year. Little heads-up.
Cling to your books and your TV series. Pretty much the only thing you'll remember from that time is the plot of every Haven episode.
It's important to chillax. Dude, the stuff I worried about then? Not the stuff that matters. No, not even grades. Grades don't actually mean sh** in the real world - get some experience. Do stuff - stuff you actually like doing.
Be yourself - I wasted so much time trying to hide who I was/am that it became second nature.
Start a book blog. Appreciate the little things. Write, draw, read, and write some more! Love everything with all your heart, and hang in there.
You, little lady, are one strong cookie! The next several years are going to be tough so hang in there. Remember that you have value. You are loved. You are worth love.
It's going to hurt - a lot - in a lot of places. But you're strong. Just keep swimming, and keep getting up.
Captain America is going to be your hero and your role model - use him; refuse to accept it when Marvel turn him into a Nazi. That makes no sense."
11. Where’s your favourite place to read?
Anywhere, any time!
Ely @ Tea & Titles
Emily @ The Paperback Princess
Imogen @ Wandered Souls
Here's my questions for you:
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- What's the weirdest book you've ever read?
- What under-hyped book do you want to give a shout-out to?
- If you could claim an author's back-catalogue as your own (pushing aside practicalities and ethics,) who would it be?
- Did you have a plan when you started blogging, or did just make it up as you went along?
- Are you a city-dweller or a country soul?
- What's the last book you read that could be considered diverse?
- Without using names - who was the weirdest/worst teacher you had in school?
- What actor/actress would you marry tomorrow if they proposed?
- ...and what fictional character would you marry tomorrow if they proposed?
- What is the last dream (as in, the kind you have in your sleep,) you can remember having?
Like this post? Try these: