You've likely heard by now that the idiot currently in charge of the US has rescinded Obama's guidance on transgender bathrooms.
- By saying transgender people can't use their preferred public loos, you're saying they're not 'real' men, women, or non-binary people. Which is a) bigoted, and b) inaccurate. #CallThemAsISeeThem
- You're saying transgender people - especially transgender women - are an inherent threat to cisgender women, and/or are in some way corrupted. They are not.
- You're forcing people who would not feel comfortable in a men's loos, to go in, wearing female clothing. There is a high chance of them getting beaten up - or worse. And yes, it happens.
- You're forcing people to out themselves before they're ready, or in a situation which may be unsafe.
- Transgender people are at higher risk of sexual violence in the US than cisgender people (that's with the crime being perpetrated against them.)
- 5-9% of transgender sexual assault survivors in the US were assaulted by police officers - people who are supposed to protect them.
- 7/10 rapes in the US are committed by someone who knows the victim, rather than a stranger.
- 50% of rape in the US is committed by people aged 30+, rather than teens or other young people.
- 57% of rape in the US is committed by white people.
'Support transgender people, vocally, loudly' Click to Tweet
- Nerd Church - We Are Strong
- Nerd Church - A Nazi Is A Nazi
- Friday Fics Fix - Loki's Heart
- 5 Simple Rules For Reading and Reviewing LGBTQ+ Books